Hardy,

We have not implemented it and I am curious to learn more about it because I
have occasionally seen strange Cocoon cache issues as well, particularly when
doing sacrilegious things like dropping patch JARs into a running webapp, or
editing dspace.cfg and not seeing the changes reflected after a Tomcat restart.

(For the curious, I've seen the Authentication page continue to reflect one
authentication method (Shibboleth) after having changed the Auth stack
configuration to use Certificates instead.)

What I have always done to clear this is less-than-ideal and a trial compared
to a clean method that might not require the shutting down of the webapp or
Tomcat instance:

1.) ${tomcat6.home}/bin/shutdown.sh
2.) cd ${tomcat6.home}/work/Catalina/{appropriate.domain.dir}/_/
3.) rm -rf cache-dir

This solves the config issue I described above, but is certainly not a method I
love having to do.  A push-button (or ./script/run) solution would be much
welcome.

--
sands fish
Senior Software Engineer

On Oct 1, 2010, at 2:31 PM, "Pottinger, Hardy J."