Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, but I wonder if someone
can help me better understand how the handle name resolution service
works with DSpace.

We are considering a URI change from http://hdl.handle.net/prefix/item
to http://local.dspace/prefix/item.  I know I can change the
handle.canonical.prefix in dspace.cfg, but if I set it to our local
server, will that also break the name resolution service that
handle.net provides?  Or is it possible to update the handle
configuration to account for URIs that include local hostnames?

Eric