We would welcome the addition of a metadata schema that deals with full
elements of Journal Article and Conference items. There are a number of us in
the community who found working our way around the missing elements in Dublin
Core a frustration.

Some of the examples of Prism schema I looked at don't contain ending page,
perhaps an oversight, so other examples would be helpful.

We ended up adding our own mini-schema, but an out of the box DSpace containing
all the elements based on an existing standard - very attractive!

Other benefits -  take advantage of Open URL functionality, create a citation,
export citations, and Zotero capture.

When you do not store these elements separately, export to EndNote, BibTeX etc,
and creating the various citation styles (APA, HARVARD etc), are much more
difficult to implement.

Leonie Hayes
Research Repositories Manager
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/contacts/?stid=124