Hi Bram,

Sounds interesting and might be the answer - I will into this!

Thanks for your help,
Mark

On 25/01/11 12:49, Bram Luyten wrote:
Hi,

we made a page on SOLR performance optimization, with 2 hints:
- the SOLR autocommit feature
- Query warmup

Both hints, and some helper scripts can be found at: http://atmire.com/statistics_performance.php

Make sure to post when these things don't make a difference.

best regards,

Bram Luyten

@mire

Technologielaan 9 - 3001 Heverlee - Belgium
2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305 - Carlsbad, CA 92010 - USA

atmire.com <http://atmire.com/> - Institutional Repository Solutions

2011/1/24 Claudia Jürgen <claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de <mailto:claudia.juer...@ub.tu-dortmund.de>>

    Hi all,

    we (1.6.0 jspui) noted similar behaviour, it takes a couple of minutes
    to fulfill the display statistics requests.

    The CPU load rises to ~ 100%. A second request will increase the
    load to
    ~ 200% ...
    Stopped requests will leave the cpu load at this high level.
    We do run solr.optimize as cron job, but this seems to make no
    difference.

    We have set the stats visibility to admin only, because they are
    not fit
    for end user consumption, so it is no pressing issue for us, but I'm
    curious about the reason for it.

    Claudia

    <mailto:mark.me...@enovation.ie>>

    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> We have a particularly large SOLR DB. This seems to be causing
    problems
    >> when users ask for a report as tomcat will timeout before the
    report can
    >> be rendered. Has anyone dealt with such performance issues with
    SOLR
    >> statistics. Does anyone have any strategies for dealing with it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Mark

    >> Special Offer-- Download ArcSight Logger for FREE (a $49 USD
    value)!
    >> Finally, a world-class log management solution at an even better
    >> price-free!
    >> Download using promo code Free_Logger_4_Dev2Dev. Offer expires
    >> February 28th, so secure your free ArcSight Logger TODAY!
    >> http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d

    price-free!
    > http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d

    Claudia Juergen