Hello,
    I have two instances of dspace installed on my machine, dspace 1.7.0 and
dspace 1.6.2. The discovery patch has been applied to dspace 1.6.2 to
facilitate range queries. Range queries works as expected from both solr
admin search interface and from dspace xmlui interface. However, range
queries doesn't seem to work with dspace 1.7.0, when I "turned on" the
Discovery module as outlined in the documentation, and added the following
the following to the schema.xml file found at [dspace]/solr/search/conf.

<field name = "var" type = "int" indexed ="true" stored ="true" multiValued
="true" omitNorms ="true" />
 <copyField source="dc.format.extent" dest="var"/>
<field name = "dc.format.extent" type = "int" indexed = "true" stored =
"true" multiValued = "true"/>

and also added the following index to [dspace]/conf dspace.cfg file.
"search.index.13 = var:dc.format.extent"

After running the update-discovery-index and the trying range searches
similar to those done with dspace 1.6.2,  the results returned are not
within ranges specified.

In discovery solr is used for indexing and searching which should provide
support for range queries from my standpoint.
I downloaded solr 1.4.1 and tried range searches and it worked as expected.
Could someone tell me what I need to do or what I have done wrong.

Best Regards,
Mckeane