The first thing I'd look for is a directory in the current assetstore
which has incorrect ownership or (less likely) permissions.

We should enhance BitstreamStorageManager to catch IOException and
wrap it in an Exception which states what path we were trying to open.
That's a problem we have quite a lot: DSpace knows the context of a
failure coming up from the JRE but keeps the knowledge to itself.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.