Hi Sue

This is how I setup DSpace on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Dspace
Maybe it can help.

Cheers

hg

On 03/02/2011 19:01, Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[LITES] wrote:

Hi,

Can someone tell me what needs to be in $PATH in order to run DSpace on a Unix server? I was looking at how we’ve defined $PATH and I think we may have some things in there we don’t need, including:

                        /dspace/lib

                        /dspace/bin

                        /dspace-{version}-src-release

     We also have these directories in there also:

                        /usr/postgres/{version}/bin

                        /usr/local/pgsql/bin

                        /usr/local/pgsql/lib

I’m thinking we don’t need any of these in $PATH.

We do, of course, have the locations of Maven, Ant, and Java in there.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks a bunch,

Best regards,

Sue

*/Sue Walker-Thornton/*

*/Software Developer/Database Administrator/*

*/NASA Langley Research Center|LITES Contract/*

*/SGT, Inc.|130 Research Drive/*

*/Hampton, Va.  23666/*

*/Office: (757) 224-4074/*

*/Mobile: (757) 506-9903/*

*/Fax: (757) 224-4001/*

*/susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov/*

http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsight-sfd2d

Hilton Gibson
Systems Administrator
JS Gericke Library Room 1025
Stellenbosch University
Private Bag X5036
Stellenbosch
7599
South Africa

Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"
        Leonardo da Vinci