Hi folks

We're running DSpace 1.7.0 here now (fresh install, but we upgraded our
old 1.3.2 db). Everything seems to be working well, except that I'd like
to customize our displayed item metadata and
[dspace-source]/config/language-packs/Messages.properties does not exist.

I've tried creating a Messages.properties w/ just a few items in it that
we want customized. If I create the language-packs directory w/ this file
in it and rebuild, it doesn't do anything. If I put the file into
[dspace-source]/modules/jspui/src/main/resources, then it seems to
completely overwrite all default item displays as blank and only shows the
custom items that in the file.

Am I missing something here? How does one customize meta display in
version 1.7 without an existing Messages.properties file? Any help would
be much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Sarah Ryder
Web Development