Hi,

I would like to select and upload multiples files (bitstreams) from the web
interface: item submission process.
I've seen the possibility of using the batch command line importer tool but
i was thinking of something more end user oriented.
do you have any ideas?

it seems that you can upload only one bitstream at the time in the web
submission process, and if you are uploading pages of a book or a collection
of photos
it becomes a very long process! (what is the best practice?!) So i was
wondering what would be the best solution and if none available what would
be the best development approach.

In the documentation i've found how to customize the process (
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC/Submission+User+Interface#SubmissionUserInterface-ConfiguringtheFileUploadstep)
but I didn't find any options or addons to implement this functionality.

I've seen that on the server side there is Servlet request "doProssessing"
that calls processUploadFile (org.dspace.submit.step.
UploadStep.java) and on the client side
org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.submission.submit.UploadStep.java is taking care
of providing the logic of the form.

Do you see any issues in embedding a java applet that sends the multiple
bitstreams to the servlet? something like JUpload maybe (
http://jupload.sourceforge.net/index.html). Do you see a better solution?
i've check out also other projects, this one is based on jquery
http://www.fyneworks.com/jquery/multiple-file-upload/#tab-Examples

any suggestion are very appretiated :)
thanks!
Kociscky