Thank you very much Tim!!!!

-Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Donohue [mailto:tdono...@duraspace.org]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 11:19 AM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net; Blanco, Jose
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] dura cloud.

Hi Jose,

Sorry for the delayed response -- I was on vacation for a few days after
Open Repositories.

Much of the DSpace + DuraCloud work is still a work in progress. A few
notes on what is & is not yet possible:

* Currently you cannot store your entire assetstore in DuraCloud.  This
may be possible in the future, but right now, there is too much latency
(delay) in sending content to/from the cloud. We are investigating
whether there are ways around this. But, at this point in time, there is
no way to connect DSpace's assetstore directly to DuraCloud.

* Instead, what you can do immediately is Backup & Restore your content
to/from DuraCloud.  You can do this using the AIP Backup & Restore
functionality released in DSpace 1.7:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC/AIP+Backup+and+Restore

* In the upcoming DSpace 1.8 release (October 2011), you will also be
able to perform an AIP Backup & Restore to/from DuraCloud directly from
that Administrative UI (XMLUI).  As part of the OR11 DuraCloud Workshop,
I gave a talk on this upcoming functionality. Here are the slides which
describe the new functionality and provide some screenshots of what this
may look like:
http://www.slideshare.net/tdonohue/dspace-duracloud-integrations

So, at this time, what you are trying to do is not actually possible.
You cannot switch the Assetstore completely to DuraCloud. But, you can
backup & restore DSpace content to DuraCloud immediately. In the future,
we will be looking at ways to provide even better integration between
DSpace & DuraCloud.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please let us know.

Finally, here's a few DuraCloud resources just in case you haven't
located them all yet.
* DuraCloud Wiki & Docs:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUD/DuraCloud
* DuraCloud Developer List: http://groups.google.com/group/duracloud-dev