Hello,
  I'm developing code to produce sliders or carousels of thumbnails.
We're hoping to include video in our repository www.dora.dmu.ac.uk.  I
thought I could add a thumbnail upload at the point where a bitstream is
uploaded.  But I found that the preferred method is to use:

dspace filter-media

I think, though and people on this list agree, that the user should be
able to choose the thumbnail for a video, or any media, because the
automated process is too indiscriminate.

I'm hoping that I can produce something where the automated process is
backed up by the chance to change the thumbnail with one the user
chooses.

Has anyone done something like it?  Is this a good approach?

Best regards,

Owen.