Hi Jose,

The 'org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.submission.submit.DescribeStep' in the
XMLUI basically just loads all the Metadata fields specified in your
input-forms.xml configuration file at:

[dspace]/config/input-forms.xml

Have you changed this file at all?  Maybe there's an issue with
something you changed there?

Also, when you saw that "Page Not Found" exception previously, if you
take the *.continue off the URL, was it a valid one?  In other words, is
this a valid URL for your site?
http://blancoj.dev.deepblue.lib.umich.edu:8080/submit
(Just want to double check that the submission process is attempting to
send things to the proper URL. If it isn't, then you may have an issue
in your dspace.cfg file or something.)

- Tim