From: Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[LITES] [mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov]
Sent: 12 October 2011 04:35 PM
To: Lewatle Phaladi; dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: Memory isues on Java

I periodically get this error and sometimes stopping and restarting your web
server will at least temporarily solve this problem.

What memory size are you using?  We use the following and rarely see this error
anymore:

JAVA_OPTS="-Xms2048m -Xmx3072m -Xss512k -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Sue

Sue Walker-Thornton