Hi Nikolaos,

You need to pass a few more headers with your deposit:

curl -i --data-binary "@dspace-sword/example/example.zip" -H
     -H "Content-Type: application/zip" -H "X-Packaging:
http://purl.org/net/sword-types/METSDSpaceSIP";
     http://dspace:dspace@localhost:8080/sword/deposit/123456789/2

These let the server know what type of object you are depositing.

I hope this helps,

Stuart Lewis
Digital Development Manager
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: +64 (0)9 373 7599 x81928