MarkW,

This reminds me quite dramatically of the ongoing work on Dryad at NESCent.
 Though it is a more proactive effort to get data cited in Journal Articles
rather than associate it after the fact.  Thus it is more of a direct
partnership between the Data Repository and the Journal Publisher than
Storelink appears to be. Though I can see some the possibility of Storelink
being used as a tool to trace the Dryad Publication/Data citation
relationship.

Dryad's role is to specifically provide a means to archive Datasets in
preparation for Citation in Journal Articles.  Thus there is a very
specific workflow to support interaction between the Manuscript Authors,
the Journal Publishers, the Manuscript Reviewers and the Data Repository
Curators.  DOI's are reserved but not published for Data Packages and used
in Journal Manuscripts to cite the archived data.  Data Packages may be
embargoed until the Article is officially published in a Journal Issue as
requested by the publisher.

The general goal is to capture the data prior to publication so that
citation linking can happen to the original research data.

I'm including Ryan Scherle into the thread as he is the Repository
Architect and Project Lead on Dryad at NESCent and can provide you with
more strategic feedback.  If you want to talk with me further about some fo
the DSpace customization details, I'd be glad to followup with you either
here in the listserv or via Skype/IRC.

Best,
MarkD

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Mark H. Wood <mw...@iupui.edu> wrote:

> We've interest in citation notification such as JISC Storelink:
>

> http://www.jisc.ac.uk/whatwedo/programmes/digitalrepositories2007/storelink.aspx
>
> Sadly there isn't much more than a sketch of the proposal there.
> Someone here is following up with Storelink's project manager, but
> we're wondering if anyone else has done something similar.
>
> --
> Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
> Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are
> smart.

[image: @mire Inc.]
*Mark Diggory*
*2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305, Carlsbad, CA. 92010*
*Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium*
http://www.atmire.com