Jose,

I think that we should look to Discovery if we want hierarchical subject
browsing. We can attain this by indexing subject hierarchies found in
dspace metadata values as untokenized paths.(subject 1 :: subject 2 ::
subject 3).  Parsing on the path structure, we can create lists of lists in
the options panel and in the "view all" pages ( which replace BrowseBy
indexes ). Alternatively, term completion can match on the beginning of the
hierarchy and the user can refine thier way through the entire hierarchy
via term completion, narrowing down as they type. It would present only the
CV topics that actually exist in the repository contents.

This would be more of a customization of the discovery facet rendering than
it would be a separate aspect.  It would be a welcomed contribution to
discovery.

Mark

On Thursday, November 17, 2011, Blanco, Jose <blan...@umich.edu> wrote:
> I'm working on creating a new aspect to support a hierarchical subject
browsing in manikin, and have been pretty successful creating the aspects I
need just looking at similar aspects that already exist and changing a few
things, now I'm getting to the point where I would like to add a "division"
( I think ) where the user can browse the subject by title/author/date, and
I'm just not sure how to add this division so that something like this is
created:

> http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/subject-search?subject=1&subjectsecondary=7
>

> (specifically the block at the bottom that has:
>
> or browes  |Titles|Authors|By Date|
>
> For now, I just want to add these buttons in an area like that and work
from there.  Is there any documentation on how to create such a division?

> Thank you!
> Jose

[image: @mire Inc.]
*Mark Diggory*
*2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305, Carlsbad, CA. 92010*
*Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium*
http://www.atmire.com