Hi all,

   I've found interesting bug in XMLUI - searching in the archives has told
me that some users found it before me (however, without any suitable
response).

   The trouble is that the ampersand "&" character is always translated
into XML "&" in XMLUI in case this ampersand is stored in any "HTML"
form (like introductory text for community/collection). This behaviour
could be quite embarassing - assume we want to have a well-formed XHTML so
there is for example:

<i>Hewlet&amp;Packard</i>:

The result in XMLUI is then:

<i>Hewlet&amp;amp;Packard</i>
<a
href="http://linkwithparams.org/?param1&amp;amp;param2";>linkwithparams</a>

The first line cause only wrong diplayed text while the link on the second
line is malfunctional (the params are corrupted).

The solution could be to ignore entity and store "&" character only (and
most of users do so). However, the best (and right) solution is to encode
only those ampersands which are not encoded yet...

How do you cope with this "bug"?

Regards

Vlastik

Vlastimil Krejčíř
Library and Information Centre, Institute of Computer Science
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Email: krejcir (at) ics (dot) muni (dot) cz
Phone: +420 549 49 3872
ICQ: 163963217
Jabber: kre...@jabber.org