On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 10:52, Claire Webster
<claire.webs...@bristol.ac.uk> wrote:
> What we are after is to make our current DSpace (version 1.7.1 using
> Mirage) installation completely read-only, no submissions of new items
> and no edits of old. We've been told we need to migrate the data to a
> new system so need to baseline it for the export.

I wonder what would happen if you locked the database (removed write
permissions from the dspace user). I doubt anyone has tried that and
I'd expect to get unusual error emssages in the user interface, but it
should have the inteded effect.

Regards,
~~helix84