Hi All,

I'm trying to customize the submission steps of the standard item
submission in DSpace 1.8 . The customization consists on reordering the
steps such that the bitstream upload step appears before the describe step,
modifying the upload step to gather some information of the uploaded
bitstreams, such as keywords (using some keyword extractor for known
formats), abstract, etc., and then use this information to complete/suggest
values for the description of the item in the describe step. The
customization will be done mainly for XMLUI and JSPUI.

I've been looking the Java code that implements the Upload Step
(org.dspace.submit.step.UploadStep) and the XMLUI binding for that step
(org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.submission.submit.UploadStep) and It wasn't so
clear for me step when (or where) can I access the uploaded bitstream so I
can wire there some java classes to process the bitstreams and extract
useful information for the describe step.

I'm asking if there are learning resources that can be useful, specially
for the XMLUI binding and JSPUI binding so I can speed up my learning for
those topics. Also if someone has done something like this before, would be
good to hear some approaches.

Thanks!