Lighton,

These are all very strong points as well. I was being more specific to the
resolving technology for handles and DOI being the same foundation made by
CNRI. The points about DOI continuing to evolve more accurately reflect the
services for registration and management that are being layered on top of
the platform by the DOI stakeholders. Ultimately your choice of technology
is dependent on ease of use and tractability.  The trade offs with DOI
integration for DSpace just not getting into the next release will force
you to wiegh that which is currently achievable against that which will be
ideal once Identifier Services are released into DSpace.

Best,
Mark

--
[image: @mire Inc.]
*Mark Diggory *(Schedule a Meeting <https://tungle.me/markdiggory>)
*2888 Loker Avenue East, Suite 305, Carlsbad, CA. 92010*
*Esperantolaan 4, Heverlee 3001, Belgium*
http://www.atmire.com