I don't know if you are using Mirage but the Mirage part of the
https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-842 patch didn't work for me.

 For my 1.8.2 test machine, I had to rewrite the part within the
dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/themes/Mirage/lib/xsl/core/page-structure.xsl
 into
dspace-xmlui/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/themes/Mirage/lib/xsl/core/navigation.xsl
 (code not tested thoroughly yet):

<!-- TODO: figure out why i18n tags break the go button -->
<xsl:template match="dri:options">

+ <xsl:template match="dri:options">
+ <div id="ds-options-wrapper">
+ <div id="ds-options">

+ <!-- Selecteur de langue lorsque plus d'une langue est specifiee-->

+ <xsl:if
test="count(/dri:document/dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata[@element='page'][@qualifier='supportedLocale'])
 &gt; 1">
+ <h1 id="ds-language-option-head" class="ds-option-set-head">
+ <i18n:text>xmlui.EPerson.EditProfile.Language</i18n:text>
+ </h1>
+ <div id="ds-language-option" class="ds-option-set">

+ <form method="get" name="repost" action="" style="display: inline;">
+ <select name="locale-attribute" id="tlang"
onchange="javascript:document.repost.submit();">
+ <xsl:for-each
select="/dri:document/dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata[@element='page'][@qualifier='supportedLocale']">
+ <xsl:variable name="locale" select="."/>
+ <option>
+ <xsl:attribute name="value"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:attribute>
+ <xsl:if
test=".=/dri:document/dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata[@element='page'][@qualifier='currentLocale']">
+ <xsl:attribute name="selected">selected</xsl:attribute>
+ </xsl:if>
+ <xsl:value-of
select="/dri:document/dri:meta/dri:pageMeta/dri:metadata[@element='supportedLocale'][@qualifier=$locale]"/>

+ </option>
+ </xsl:for-each>
+ </select>
+ </form>
+ </div>
+ </xsl:if>

I also changed a few items within the style.css file:

+ /*#ds-search-option-head{
+       margin-top: 0;
+ }
+ */
+ #ds-language-option-head{
+       margin-top: 0;
+ }

(...)

+ #ds-search-option, #ds-language-option {
+       padding: 10px;
+ }

Also, as advised in this post
(http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28540682) I had to
update, for the first part of the DS-842 patch, ViewArtifacts instead of
ArtifactBrowser.

Hope it can help.

Marie-Hélène Vézina
Librarian · Digital Library Initiatives