On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:23 PM, Marco Weiß
<marco.we...@kesslernetworks.de> wrote:
> at the moment i tested the item import but as my system is not productive
> today i don't mind if i have to use another method.

If you mean the old importer ([dspace]/bin/dspace import), this type
of package (Simple Archive Format) does not support storing the
embargo information (resource policies) [1]. I think the AIP format
does preserve it [2] [3]. I recommend you to create a testing item
manually from the admin interface with embargo, then export it to AIP
and examine the AIP contents manualy. There should be resource
policies in the METS file. I'm not completely sure about embargo
terms, but I didn't hear that the new embargo would not be compatible
with AIP. For the old embargo, that's not a problem because it doesn't
use any special fields (it uses standard metadata fields and custom
setter/lifter code).

> I think I have to use the 3.0 embargo because my DSpace are 3.0 or?

In DSpace 3.0 both are supported. The new embargo is easier to use for
common use cases (e.g. change bistream access policy for the specified
date range), the old one still allows you to write a custom embargo
setter/lifeter code so it's more flexible. More information is in the
official documentation.

[1]
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Importing+and+Exporting+Items+via+Simple+Archive+Format
[2] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/AIP+Backup+and+Restore