On 01/23/2013 09:55 AM, helix84 wrote:
> I think that for now you can ignore that the Solr search or OAI
> interface doesn't find the item with the handle you provided - if you
> can't run oai import, it simply isn't there in the Solr index. Did you
> change any code or schema.xml from the Solr oai core? What is the
> output of this command?
> diff -u [dspace-source]/dspace/solr/oai/conf/schema.xml
> [dspace]/solr/oai/conf/schema.xml
Shows no differences...

> The SolrException: Bad Request when doing a solr update (oai
> import) points to some inconsistency between the existing index (data)
> and its schema.xml.
>
> This is also suspicious (it shouldn't happen if you didn't do
> any modifications):
> SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: [doc=null]
> missing required field: item.handle

Well, I assume it must be items without Handles, which are actually
apparent in my database because of a bug in my modifications of the
HandleIdentifierProvider. That bug I already fixed, but during testing
some items had their handles deleted and it's probably those items that
are causing the trouble now. Thanks also to João for pointing out this
possibility, I'm going to delete those items now and see if anything
changes.

I'll hear back with the results of that.
Best,
Joachim

> Try this:
> * shut down Tomcat
> * backup your [dspace]/solr/oai/ directory
> * delete /dspace/solr/oai/data/
> * start Tomcat
> * run oai import
>

> Regards,
> ~~helix84
>
> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette

Joachim Bingel
Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Zentrale Forschung
R5, 6-13, 68161 Mannheim
+49 - (0)621-1581-456 | http://www.ids-mannheim.de