From: ivan.ma...@gmail.com [ivan.ma...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of helix84
[heli...@centrum.sk]
Sent: January-28-13 10:56 AM
To: Darren Arsenault
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] LDAP authentication failing with: [LDAP\colon; error
code 49 - Invalid Credentials]

Hi Darren,

I don't think this can be DSpace's fault. Although DSpace can create
an eperson on the first login via LDAP (if autoregister is set to
true), it only means that a row in the eperson table is created. The
password is not stored in DSpace and the user is always authenticated
by trying to bind to LDAP with the specified username/password.

If I were you, I'd take a look at your LDAP infrastructure. If you
have some kind of replication set up or if you're using custom code to
change the password in multiple systems (LDAP being just one of them),
the changed password may not yet have propagated to the LDAP server
DSpace uses. So try to bind the user using e.g. the ldapsearch utility
or any other LDAP client. My bet is that the LDAP server still has the
old password.

Regards,
~~helix84