From: Tim Donohue [mailto:tdono...@duraspace.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 9:47 AM
To: Sai Deng
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] DSpace collection export maximum size

Hi Sophie,

You should be able to disable that maximum size check by either commenting out
that "org.dspace.app.itemexport.max.size" setting in your dspace.cfg or by
setting it to zero (which will also disable the check):

org.dspace.app.itemexport.max.size = 0

After that, it should just be a matter of assuring you have the necessary space
on your server to store the export files.

Your process itself sounds reasonable (assuming you really want to get
everything into an Excel spreadsheet in the end).  The other bulk export tool
that DSpace (versions 1.7.x and above) offers is the "AIP Backup & Restore
tools". This tool can perform an export of all DSpace content (Communities,
Collections and Items) to a set of METS-based Zip files (called AIPs).

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/AIP+Backup+and+Restore

- Tim