Hi,

We're doing a database review and I wondered if one of the Dspace team could
answer the following Qs:

1.    What databases are supported by your product?

Oracle/Postgres

2.    For new installations what database do you generally recommend (does this
differ for local and hosted or cloud installations)?

3.    What database do you use for primary development of your product?

4.    Do you have any plans to change your primary development database (if
yes, please give details)?

5.    Where your product is supported on multiple databases, does client
feedback indicate differences in performance or resilience between them (if
yes, please give details)?

6.    Do you have a strategy or policy for adopting new versions of a database?

7.    Do you have a strategy or policy for discontinuing support for old
versions of a database?

8.    Any additional comments that might assist us with formulating our
database strategy?

Thanks

Ian

------------

Ian Wellaway

Senior System Support & Development Officer - Enterprise Applications
(Wednesdays only)
&
Technical Developer, Open Exeter - Infrastructure Systems (Monday-Tuesday,
Thursday-Friday)

Exeter IT
Room 54
Laver Building