I checked the db and I saw that there are no null handles.  I did not run
import.  Since I noticed that if  do a GetRecord with a valid handle like:

http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/dspace-oai/request?verb=GetRecord&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&identifier=oai:2027.42:2027.42/991

I get the record, regardless of whether it's in var/oai or not.  Do I need
to run import, to have ListRecords/ListIdentifiers work.  I did a bit of
testing on this on Friday, and in my dev area it took an average of 15
seconds an item to import and I also noticed that performance in my dev
instance was bad during that time.  In my production instance I have 75K
items, can you imagine how long this will take and what the performance
will be like.  But the basic question for now is if I need to run import to
have ListRecords and LetRecords work.

-Jose