Hello,
  I have a plan to create an ICS file on the fly given a date and a
summary:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//hacksw/handcal//NONSGML v1.0//EN
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:u...@example.com
DTSTAMP:19970714T170000Z
ORGANIZER;CN=DSpace Admin:MAILTO:dspace.ad...@example.com
DTSTART:19970714T170000Z
DTEND:19970715T035959Z
SUMMARY:http://dspace.example.com/handle/2001/1002
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR

I need to create a URL with parameters that will be displayed on item
summary pages.  On clicking the URL I want DSpace (rather than another
service) to create the file with the appropriate mime type.

What is the best approach please?  I'm looking at the java around
FeedGenerator at the moment...

Best regards,

Owen.