From: ivan.ma...@gmail.com [mailto:ivan.ma...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of helix84
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 5:02 PM
To: Webshet, Sisay (ILRI)
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] rough characters on csv

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Webshet, Sisay (ILRI) <s.webs...@cgiar.org>
wrote:
> We are using dsapce 3.1,xmlui version.I do a lot data in the form csv
> which are imported from  dsapce. however I noticed some rough
>
> characters like ø appearing inside the csv. can someone has some
> finding to remove or manage such rough characters.

dos2unix won't help you here, that's for converting line endings, which is a
different issue that DSpace shouldn't have a problem with.

Sisay, you must explain in more detail how did you end up with that character.
E.g. is it found in a CSV file you exported from DSpace? If so, which field is
it in and what was the original value of that field as you can see it in
DSpace? What language was the value in? What encoding does your language
normally use? What tool are you using to open the CSV file? What happens when
you try to open it in a text editor (not a word processor, thoug!) and which
text editor did you use?

Regards,
~~helix84