Hi all,

I'm having a problem setting up DSpace 3.2 with Oracle. I'm a Maven and Oracle
novice, so I apologize if this has an easy answer.

I've followed the instructions from
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Installation: I've prepared the
Oracle database, installed the ojdc6.jar file (downloaded fresh from the Oracle
website), and updated [dspace-src]/pom.xml. However, when I run `mvn package`
in [dspace-src]/dspace the Oracle driver is not installed into
[dspace-src]/dspace/target/dspace-3.2-build/lib. When I run `ant fresh_install`
I run into the issue described here (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver):
http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/Problem-with-Oracle-JDBC-Driver-td4416910.html.

If I copy the Oracle driver file directly from the Maven local repository (in
my case,
/usr/local/m2/repository/com/oracle/ojdbc6/11.2.0.3.0/ojdbc6-11.2.0.3.0.jar)
into [dspace-src]/dspace/target/dspace-3.2-build/lib, I can run `ant
fresh_install` successfully. However, I then run into the same missing Oracle
driver issue for XMLUI. If I copy the Oracle driver file into the XMLUI
WEB-INF/lib directory, everything works fine (I can browse DSpace on XMLUI).
However, I shouldn't have to do this manual copying, right?

When I run `mvn dependency:tree` in [dspace-src]/dspace, I don't see any
reference to the Oracle driver, which suggests that this dependency is not
recognized for some reason. However, I definitely have the following lines in
[dspace-src]/pom.xml:

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.oracle</groupId>
  <artifactId>ojdbc6</artifactId>
  <version>11.2.0.3.0</version>
</dependency>

I've made no other changes to [dspace-src]/pom.xml. Am I missing something?
Does anyone with an Oracle setup have any suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Jacob Brown