Hi Charlene,

I would test that /mnt/assetstore, or /dspace/assetstore contains the data
that is supposedly mounted there. LS /dspace/assetstore.

Your site should work just fine without the assetstore, it will just throw
tons of exceptions/errors when the requested asset had an IOException.
Check your dspace logs.

Also, while ssh'ed into your ec2 instance, install lynx. And try to visit
lynx http://localhost:8080/xmlui, and see if the site works there. This
might just be basic troubleshooting advice.

I'm not sure how bulletproof of a solution that the sshfs will end up
being. It seems reasonable.

I did a quick price check, and it looks like EBS is $100/TB/month. If
someone wrote an S3 gateway, the price of that ranges from $95-$76/TB/month
(2nd+ TB of data is cheaper). I guess what I'm saying, is that if using the
Amazon storage is in your budget, maybe you'll want to keep the assetstore
locally in the cloud, and then some type of "roll-your-own" duracloud, or
rsync to keep a copy of your assets on your university's storage array.

Peter Dietz