From: helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk>
Date: Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: How to convert sub-community to top level community
To: dspacecommunityadvisoryteam <
dspacecommunityadvisoryt...@googlegroups.com>

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM, A. Madhava Rao <amadhava....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> We have created one top level community and under the top level community
we
> have created some sub-communities and uploaded the documents but now we
want
> to change the sub-communities as top level communities.

Use the community-filiator tool [1]. In this example, the subcommunity
123465789/456 is owned by the 123456789/123 community and this will
make 123465789/456 a top-level community:

[dspace]/bin/dspace community-filiator --remove --parent=123456789/123
--child=123465789/456

P.S. In the future, it's best to ask this kind of questions at the
dspace-tech mailing list instead of here.

[1] https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Managing+Community+Hierarchy

Regards,
~~helix84

Visit this group at