Hi there,

On our DSpace implementation we have developed a method that allows users to
give items a rating (1-5 stars). This value is stored in the metadata against
an item and is created/updated outside of the Item class (if the value was
updated using the Item class then there are issues to do with authorisation as
we want anyone to be able to rate the item) so we basically use an SQL against
the metadata value table to update it through the DatabaseManager. Now, we also
want to be able to sort the browse items by this rating value, which I have got
working except for one problem - When the metadata is updated in this way the
bi_item table does not get updated to reflect the new value. Is there some
command that I am missing to tell the system to update this?

Thanks,

Adam R

This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may
contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error,
please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy
or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.
Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily
reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you
are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the