Thank you for you suggestions.  I am working with it . I will inform you
the progress.

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:37 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:51 AM, Md. Mubassir Ahsan
> <mubas...@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd> wrote:
> > In my library, DSpace 1.8 is installed with tomcat 6 version.
>
> That is a supported configuration [1]. You can try a different version
> of Tomcat (e.g. a newer version of Tomcat 6, Tomcat 7 or another
> servlet container like Jetty or Caucho Resin).
>
> > I am having problem with tomcat 6 shutting down unexpectedly.
>
> We'll need to see the relevant portion from your catalina.out from the
> time of shutdown. You can also send the relevant part of dspace.log
> from the time of shutdown.
>
> > We are moving our server to a apache2 based server. How can i use Dspace
> > with apache server system.
>
> I think you're confusing two very different programs. Apache Tomcat is
> a servlet container and DSpace requires a servlet container to run.
> Apache HTTPD (which I must assume you mean by Apache 2.x) is a web
> server and may be used in addition to a servlet container as a
> front-end (e.g. to avoid running Tomcat as root, to speed up serving
> static files, to host a Shibboleth Service Provider etc), however it's
> not enough to have HTTPD without Tomcat.
>
> > Is it possible to install DSpace with CPanel? If possible please explain.
>
> This is a question for the cPanel support. However, a quick look on
> their documentation shows it should be possible to install Tomcat via
> cPanel [2], therefore running DSpace on it should be also possible.
>

> [1]
> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC18/Installation#Installation-ServletEngine(ApacheTomcat5.5or6,Jetty,CauchoResinorequivalent)
> [2] http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/EasyApache/Tomcat/
>

> Regards,
> ~~helix84
>
> Compulsory reading: DSpace Mailing List Etiquette

*Best wishes. --------------------Md. Mubassir Ahsan*
BA & MA (continuing) in ISLM (DU)
Library Officer (IT Solution)
Daffodil International University
Office Phone: 01811458818
Email: mubas...@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Work Place: Library Building (2nd Floor) Ext. 152
-----------------------------
Websites:studyzone24.com <http://Studyzone24.com>
* Mobile+Viber: 01916303060*
Email: mahsa...@gmail.com
Facebook: mmahsan <http://facebook.com/mmahsan>
Skype: mahsandu
Twitter: mahsandu
*"Proud to be a LIS Professional*"
*Tag: Web Developer, CMS (Drupal, Joomla), ILS (Koha), IR (DSpace,
Greenstone), N/W Admin, DBA.*