I supposed something as complicated as you description....:-)

Anyone has attempted this "migration" ?

Thanks

El 20/02/2014 13:50, helix84 escribió:
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM, emilio lorenzo <elore...@arvo.es <mailto:elore...@arvo.es>> wrote:

     1. Change JDBC connectors on dspace.cfg
     2. Migrate the database  (any tips or advices on this point?)
     3. Recompile ?

No need to rebuild. You "only" need to change the configuration (db.name <http://db.name>, db.url, db.driver, db.username, db.password, db.schema) and transfer the data. Migrating the data will be where all the fun is at. I'm not aware on any notes that document this mostly manual process completely, but see below for some notes and opinions. I ranked them from the most to least useful.

In general I would attempt the process this way:
1) pg_dump the data
2) create a fresh DSpace DB in Oracle
3) it might be necessary to drop some constraints in Oracle
4) the fun step - attempt to import each table, correcting the data for difference in column types as you go
5) attempt to reinstate constraints
6) if all looks well, run update-sequences.sql
7) point DSpace to Oracle and restart it
8) test, test, test

Keep in mind that I have never attempted this.

http://dspace.2283337.n4.nabble.com/DSpace-database-migration-from-Postgres-to-Oracle-td3278996.html#a3278997
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Oracle_to_Postgres_Conversion
http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/openexeterrdm/blog/2012/05/25/dspace-our-repository-software/
http://en.it-usenet.org/thread/11494/3557/