Hi all,

I just installed DSpace 4.1 and am running it in Jetty (jetty-8.1.14). When the
Solr webapp is initializing, I get the following info/errors:

182  [main] INFO  org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader  - No /solr/home in
JNDI
183  [main] INFO  org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader  - solr home
defaulted to 'solr/' (could not find system property or JNDI)

which causes solr.xml to not get read, which causes Solr to not run properly...

Solr home is appropriately "hard-coded" (as generated by the install process)
in [dspace]/webapps/solr/WEB-INF/web.xml (that is, `env-entry-value` is set to
the appropriate directory). However, this setting is apparently not getting
read by Jetty.

If I run Jetty with:

java -jar start.jar -Dsolr.solr.home=/path/to/dspace/solr

then Solr is started correctly. I skimmed the listserv and looked around
online, and didn't see any suggestions for this specific error as related to
DSpace.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jacob Brown