If this is helpful, here are the SOLR query parameters I use to find
original bitstream downloads for one of my communities for the past month.

<lst name="params">
<str name="explainOther"/>
<str name="facet.date.start">NOW/MONTH/DAY-6MONTHS</str>
<str name="facet">true</str>
<str name="indent">on</str>
<str name="facet.date">time</str>
<str name="hl.fl"/>
<str name="rows">2000</str>
<str name="version">2.2</str>
<str name="fl">*,score</str>
<str name="q">owningComm:1 AND type:0 bundleName:ORIGINAL</str>
<arr name="facet.field">
<str>userAgent</str>
<str>bundleName</str>
</arr>
<str name="facet.date.gap">+1MONTH</str>
<str name="qt"/>
<str name="fq">
NOT(userAgent:Googlebot* OR userAgent:Yeti* OR dns:msnbot* OR
dns:crawl*exabot* OR dns:crawl* OR dns:fetcher*mail.ru* OR dns:baiduspider*
OR dns:spider* OR userAgent:Mozilla*Baiduspider* OR
userAgent:Mozilla*robot* OR userAgent:www.integromedb.org/Crawler OR
userAgent:Sogou* OR userAgent:Mozilla*crawler* OR userAgent:Java*)
</str>
<str name="facet.date.end">NOW</str>
</lst>

Terry

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think a carefully crafted SOLR query would do it.
> See: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Solr for more help.
>
> *Hilton Gibson*
> Ubuntu Linux Systems Administrator
> JS Gericke Library
> Room 1025D
> Stellenbosch University
> Private Bag X5036
> Stellenbosch
> 7599
> South Africa
>
> Tel: +27 21 808 4100 | Cell: +27 84 646 4758
> http://scholar.sun.ac.za
> http://bit.ly/goodir
> http://library.sun.ac.za
> http://za.linkedin.com/in/hiltongibson
>

> On 5 June 2014 06:18, Keir Vaughan-Taylor <kei...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Can't you count the pdf instance in the log file?
>> grep -i pdf /var/log/httpd/access.log | wc
>>

>> On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 20:20 -0400, bender wrote:
>> > Hi.
>> >

>> > We want to get statistics about amount of downloaded PDF files per
>> > month, from our Dspace repository.
>> > We don't see how can we do it with the default statistics tools from
>> > dspace.
>> >

>> > Is it possible to get this particular statistic? May be using Solr? If
>> > so, how?
>> >

>> > Thanks for any help.
>> >

>> > bender

>> > Learn Graph Databases - Download FREE O'Reilly Book
>> > "Graph Databases" is the definitive new guide to graph databases and
>> their
>> > applications. Written by three acclaimed leaders in the field,
>> > this first edition is now available. Download your free book today!
>> > http://p.sf.net/sfu/NeoTech
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

>> List Etiquette:
>> https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Mailing+List+Etiquette

> List Etiquette:

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code
425-298-5498