Hey everyone,

I'm attempting to import some exported metadata from Zotero in to Dspace
using the Biblio-Transformation-Engine via the command line. So far I've
tried importing using the RIS and the Bibtex format, with similar errors
for both.

I'm running Dspace 4.0 on Windows 2008. Here is the error that I get when
trying to run the import command:

c:\DSpace\bin>dspace import -b -m mapFile -e ad...@email.com
<libr...@msvu.ca> -c 10587/1243 -s Ds
pace/imports/bibtex -i bibtex
Using DSpace installation in: c:\DSpace
Destination collections:
Owning  Collection: Test Collection
INFO: Dataloader will load data from the file specified in the command
prompt (a
nd not from the Spring XML configuration file)
INFO: Dataloader gr.ekt.bteio.loaders.BibTeXDataLoader@56518314 will be
used for
 the import!
Exception
gr.ekt.bte.exceptions.EmptySourceException: Input file is not open
        at
gr.ekt.bteio.loaders.BibTeXDataLoader.loadFile(BibTeXDataLoader.java:
148)
        at
gr.ekt.bteio.loaders.BibTeXDataLoader.getRecords(BibTeXDataLoader.jav
a:90)
        at
gr.ekt.bteio.loaders.BibTeXDataLoader.getRecords(BibTeXDataLoader.jav
a:138)
        at
gr.ekt.bte.core.TransformationEngine.transform(TransformationEngine.j
ava:87)
        at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addBTEItems(ItemImport.java:712)

        at org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.main(ItemImport.java:579)
        at
org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.runOneCommand(ScriptLauncher.j
ava:225)
        at
org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:77)
Adding items from directory: C:\DSpace\imports\20140808_1153_gBUDZqML
Generating mapfile: mapFile
Error, cannot open source directory C:\DSpace\imports\20140808_1153_gBUDZqML

Would anybody have an idea what might be going wrong here?

At first glance I thought it might be a permissions issue, but I tried it
with administrative privileges and it seems to make no difference.

Furthermore, if anybody has had any success in exporting Zotero and
importing into Dspace and would be willing to share, that would be
wonderful.

Thank you!

Roger Gillis
Archives & Scholarly Communication Librarian
Mount Saint Vincent University