Dear Gary,

We've removed the "Recent Submissions" section (in XMLUI) from both the
home page and community/collection pages by setting the maximum number
of recent submissions to be shown to zero:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Discovery#Discovery-CustomizingtheRecentSubmissionsdisplay

I realize that you are using JSPUI, but hope that this at least helps as
a starting point.

Kind regards,
Vladimir