Hey Chris:

Which version of DSpace are you working on?

Go into your [source] directory and do a ‘find -name “Messages.properties”’.
You should see the following filepath
“./dspace-api/src/main/resources/Messages.properties”.

You’ll want to copy that to
“/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/resources/Messages.properties”, and that’s
where you’ll make your edits. When you re-build DSpace, that should come
through into [dspace]/webapps/jspui/WEB-INF/classes/Messages.properties.

Let me know if that doesn’t work and we can troubleshoot some more.

Cheers!

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems