Hi Anisio,

What is too long?

You should only run that command once, or rarely, as part of an upgrade or
maintenance. With the "-b" flag, it creates a full reindex of your
discovery index. On a daily basis (cron), you should run that with no
argument, and it runs over a smaller set of objects.

If you are saying that it never completes, then you'll have to look at
performance tuning. i.e. bump your memory limit in JAVA_OPTS in
/dspace/bin/dspace, and run in "-server". Just out of curiosity, do you
have a very large DSpace instance (high number of items)? I'm just
wondering if this is some scaling issue.

Peter Dietz
Longsight
www.longsight.com
pe...@longsight.com