Greetings from Webometrics desk,

I am very glad to answer these and any other questions you have about
the ranking Web of Repositories. Here are my comments about the
mentioned issues:

a) The main aim of the ranking is not to rank repositories, but to
promote the green way of Open Access initiatives. That means to build
institutional (and other) repositories with most (if not all) of the
documents signed by the institution authors in full text format.

b) Current CRIS are being filled with bibliographic records, sometimes
linking to the document in the institution webdomains but many times
linking to the (paywalled) journal address. There are also repositories
with a huge amount of closed records or metadata-only records as part of
so-called "discovery" tools that basically are decreasing the value of
the repositories.

c) But, by far (in my opinion) the biggest problem of IR is the authors
are not depositing at the rate we would like. Perhaps one reason is
repository contents have not enough "added-avalue" for them. For
example, for me the individual statistics of each of my papers in the
repository is useless without a common integrated interface. when I am
referring to author profiles the bio info is not so important and can be
reduced to a minimum, but the metrics are far more important. Many
scientists care about metrics if they are easy to collect and they will
be more prone to deposit if they can obtain such valuable info.

Of course, we are not going to enforce strictly the requirements if the
developers are considering these issues for future versions.

Your turn,