I recently upgraded from 1.8.3 to 4.2 (just before 4.3 was released!).

Embargo lifting is modifying metadata correctly, but bitstreams remain
inaccessible.

Embargoed content created under 1.8.3 has no policies on the original bundle
and bitstream(s), so restricting access. Embargoed content created under 4.2
has (in my case) anonymous read policies on the original bundle and
bitstream(s). Is there an upgrade step to convert old-style embargoed content
to new-style? I tried the following, but to no apparent effect:

  [DSPACE]/bin/dspace migrate-embargo -a
  [DSPACE]/bin/dspace embargo-lifter -a -v
  [DSPACE]/bin/dspace embargo-lifter -c -v

 I wanted to keep embargo behaviour the same initially, so have item level
embargo and run the embargo lifter. It correctly manipulates the metadata
fields, but, in 4.2, the call to lifter.liftEmbargo is commented out, so
there's no chance of policies being manipulated. For embargoed content from
1.8.3, I can modify the policies manually. What needs to happen to lift the
embargo on content from 4.2 where the policies already exist? Is the embargo
lifter disrupting the new embargo mechanism?

I'm using JSPUI

Thanks

Steven Hayles
Systems Analyst

IT Services, University of Leicester,
Propsect House, 94 Regent Rd, Leicester, LE1 7DA, UK

T: +44 (0)116 229 7950
E: s...@le.ac.uk

The Queen's Anniversary Prizes 1994, 2002 & 2013
THE Awards Winners 2007-2013

Elite without being elitist

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/uniofleicester or
visit our Facebook page https://facebook.com/UniofLeicester