On 4/15/2015 9:27 AM, Shannon Meisenheimer wrote:
> Thanks Tim, I had read some of those, but hadn't seen the third.  I'll
> try the regedit,or just rename windows convert.  I already have
> ImageMagick at the beginning of the PATH.  It's seems like I can
> run/access ImageMagick convert from cmd when I call/run it directly, but
> DSpace is trying to use Windows convert.
>
> Is the double extension ".pdf.jpg" normal?

Yes, this is just the extension of the *generated* PDF thumbnail (by the
ImageMagick media filter). You actually may want to see if those
referenced ".pdf.jpg" files were generated on your local system -- if
so, that'd mean that ImageMagick actually *did* create those thumbnails
(or at least started to do so, but ran into a later issue).

> Do Ghostscript and ImageMagick need to be in the same folder?  I know it
> states to install them both to /usr/bin (linux path) in the
> documentation, but is that needed on a win box?

Yes. Well, actually, they either need to be in the same folder OR you'd
need to specify TWO paths in the
"org.dspace.app.mediafilter.ImageMagickThumbnailFilter.ProcessStarter"
setting. Since that setting is just passed directly to the "im4java"
script (from imageMagick), it seems like you should be able to specify
multiple folders separated by a semicolon, as noted here:
http://im4java.sourceforge.net/docs/dev-guide.html

But, again, I'm going to admit, I've not tried that (especially on
Windows). I'm only just getting more familiar with the ImageMagick code
myself, so this is just from my reading of the existing code here.

It is also possible there's a bug here in how the ImageMagick media
filter is referencing the scripts and/or generated thumbnail files. But,
I don't know enough yet to state that for certain.

- Tim