Hi all:

I think that I've found a bug in the OAI-ORE settings for DSpace 4.2.

I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. I'm trying to set up a DSpace 4.2
repository to allow for OAI-ORE harvesting.

After reading through the documentation, I found that I was supposed to find
the ORE data at a link like "xmlui/metadata/handle/10137/624/ore.xml".
However, that led to a page saying that I should look at
"ore.authoritative.source".

So I looked at "ore.authoritative.source" and noticed it said "oai". It also
said I should set "dspace.oai.uri". I did that, and nothing happened. So I
looked at the wiki
(https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/OAI#OAI-OAI-PMH/OAI-OREHarvester
(Client)) and it said that it was actually "dspace.oai.url". So I set that
to "${dspace.baseUrl}/oai" like in the example.

The wiki said: The URIs generated for ORE ReMs follow the following
convention for either setting:
http://\[base-URL\]/metadata/handle/\[item-handle\]/ore.xml
<http://[base-URL/%5d/metadata/handle/%5bitem-handle/%5d/ore.xml>

So I expected to find the URI at
http://mydspace.com/oai/metadata/handle/[item-handle]/ore.xml
<http://mydspace.com/oai/metadata/handle/%5bitem-handle%5d/ore.xml> , but
that took me to a 404 saying "Requested OAI context
"metadatahandle10137624ore.xml" does not exist".

So I decided to look at
http://mydspace.com//xmlui/metadata/handle/[item-handle]/ore.xml
<http://mydspace.com/xmlui/metadata/handle/%5bitem-handle%5d/ore.xml> . This
worked! Despite "ore.authoritative.source" saying "oai". I did notice though
that a lot of the URIs in the XML pointed to
http://mydspace.com/oai/metadata/handle/[item-handle]/ore.xml
<http://mydspace.com/oai/metadata/handle/%5bitem-handle%5d/ore.xml>
though.which was obviously no good.

So I switched "ore.authoritative.source" to "xmlui", but that pointed to
http://mydspace.com/jspui/metadata/handle/[item-handle]/ore.xml
<http://mydspace.com/jspui/metadata/handle/%5bitem-handle%5d/ore.xml> ,
since the jspui is defined in dspace.uri in the dspace.cfg file.

Finally:

I switched "ore.authoritative.source" to "oai" and changed "dspace.oai.url"
to "${dspace.baseUrl}/xmlui", since that creates the correct link.

This seems to me like it must be a bug. could anyone confirm this?

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007