Hi Ondřej,

I have seen that you are using your own OAIIndexEventConsumer. We did the same but I added It in the module additions (which leads to code duplication). How do you register your Consumer? Is it the same way as for other consumers? Because I couldn't solve that problem.

Best Regards,
Christian

Am 27.05.2015 um 08:41 schrieb Ondřej Košarko:
In short no...

As I've suggested in the thread the indexAll should include also the withdrawn, that's what we do https://github.com/ufal/lindat-dspace/blob/lindat/dspace-oai/src/main/java/org/dspace/xoai/app/XOAI.java#L193 We use our Event consumer to trigger the update (it currently doesn't handle caching and changes in discoverable flag) https://github.com/ufal/lindat-dspace/blob/lindat/dspace-oai/src/main/java/cz/cuni/mff/ufal/event/OAIIndexEventConsumer.java And by the way dspace changed the deletion mode to transient in https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2491 so maybe the right way for dspace is updating the documentation...

OK

    Ondrej, is this happening to us as well?

    jm

    *From: *"Tim Donohue" <tdono...@duraspace.org
    <mailto:tdono...@duraspace.org>>
    *To: *dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
    <mailto:dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net>
    *Sent: *Tuesday, 26 May, 2015 23:09:20

    *Subject: *Re: [Dspace-tech] OAI-PMH data provider 2.0 not persistent?

    Hi All,

    I'm only just now "re-discovering" this thread, as I've found this
    same
    behavior in DSpace OAI-PMH servers. Here's how to see this
    behavior (and
    I've double checked it on http://demo.dspace.org, running 5.2):

    1. Create an Item
    2. Run the OAI-PMH import (./dspace oai import).
    3. The item now appears in OAI-PMH
    4. Withdraw that Item
    5. Re-Run the OAI-PMH import (./dspace oai import)
    6. The Item still appears in OAI-PMH and is NEVER flagged as
    withdrawn.

    So, you can still access all its metadata, etc. The ONLY way to
    trigger
    an update to the OAI-PMH record (of the withdrawn item) is to
    re-import
    EVERYTHING (./dspace oai import -c). However, as noted, since
    withdrawn
    items are not included in the XOAI "indexAll()" command, the item
    will
    now disappear from OAI-PMH entirely.

    Here's that indexAll() command:

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace-oai/src/main/java/org/dspace/xoai/app/XOAI.java#L191

    This behavior seems to be counter to what is documented at:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=45548245#OAI-PMHDataProvider2.0%28Internals%29-Deletions

    The documentation specifically states that "DSpace keeps a permanent
    record of withdrawn items". It also states that a request for a
    withdrawn item "will yield the 'record deleted' header".

    This sounds like a bug to me. The documentation definitely does not
    match with the behavior.

    I've created a new bug ticket for this. It will need a volunteer
    to resolve.

    https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2593

    - Tim

    https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-2491 wouldnt it be meaningful
    >> to do both your declaration change and Ondřej's suggestion in
    order to match both what is declared and what the documentation
    says about OAI and deleted items?