Hi,

At this time, Elastic Search is only used as an alternative way to track
download/access/usage statistics (for XMLUI only).

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC5x/Elasticsearch+Usage+Statistics

However, this feature is disabled by default. DSpace provides two
options for internally tracking usage statistics: Apache Solr and
Elastic Search. By default, Apache Solr is utilized, as DSpace uses
Apache Solr also for all searching/browsing within the system.

- Tim