From: Kim Shepherd [mailto:kim.sheph...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 01, 2015 11:36 PM
To: Hume, Casey
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Possible issue with SOLR following an upgrade from
3.2 to 5.2

Hi Casey,

It looks to me like these problems (at least, the errors pasted) could be
related to some XMLUI aspect or pipeline issues rather than Solr itself.
However, taking a look at your Solr index(es) and making sure the data is all
there sounds like a good first step, and will at least eliminate it as a
problem.

By default, the Solr webapp is configured with a "LocalhostRestrictionFilter"
enabled, to ensure that only your local DSpace [web]apps have access.
You'll want to give yourself some direct access to Solr to help with testing
and diagnosis -  here are some instructions that will help you open your Solr
webapp up to some specific IPs without letting the rest of the Internet in.
(assuming Tomcat7)
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Solr#Solr-InstructionsspecifictoTomcat7andnewer

Once you've configured that, you can visit http://your.hostname/solr to get to
the main admin page, or try a few queries like
http://your.hostname/solr/search/select?q=*:*

I'm keen to hear how you get on with all of that - keep us posted!

If it doesn't help get to the bottom of the actual problem, you could maybe
compare your XMLUI config and sitemaps between dev and prod instances... I'm
wondering if some parts didn't get fully upgraded and are referring to invalid
paths or getting stuck somewhere?

Cheers

Kim

M: k...@shepherd.nz<mailto:k...@shepherd.nz>
T: @kimshepherd
P: +6421883635

0CCB D957 0C35 F5C1 497E CDCF FC4B ABA3 2A1A FAEC
https://keybase.io/kshepherd

On 30 May 2015 at 08:24, Hume, Casey