Thanks. It seems my query is well formed but it returns an "HTTP 405 Method
Not Allowed" response. Perhaps DSpace 4.x's REST API isn't sufficient for
the find-by-metadata-field query. Or perhaps I need to log in as you
illustrated here:

https://github.com/BrunoNZ/dspace-rest-requests

I guess I'll fork that repo and give this a more structured test. I already
found some syntax and usability bugs there (mixing sh and bash, not reading
the sourced variables, etc).

Alan