Hi all,

We have solved the problem of "Playing videos on item views with pseudo
streaming"
for Dspace 4.2. Didn't look into ver. 5 yet.

With our GPL solution, visitors can now seek forward into the videos
without having to
wait till the whole file is downloaded.

There is a live demo Dspace installation at
http://139.179.38.53:8080/xmlui/handle/123456789/1640
which points to an item with two video bitstreams; one in "mp4" and one
in "webm" format
(actually the videos are identical except their formats).

A very detailed write-up of the solution (for Linux servers) can be
found at:
http://139.179.39.120/dspace-pseudo-streaming-seeking-into-unloaded-video/

Hope this can be of some help to others who need the same service on
their repositories.

Can Ugur Ayfer